Monday, May 20, 2013

A TRAINED CLOWN

Photo by S. Auberle


A TRAINED CLOWN

Smile though your heart is aching.
               ~- Charlie Chaplin

She trained, you know
as a clown, says my friend
as if that made Sophie's life
all bright fun and merriment

untouched by sorrows
like the rest of us.
I wonder is Sophie happier
because she's the real thing

instead of we who fake it
with garish red smiles  
and sad eyes holding back
all those lakes of tears

     except for one painted drop
     trickling down our pallid faces.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyhow, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back often!


Check out my web site - Read This

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home